CVE Grant Management Assistant, Abuja, US Embassy Nigeria
The U.S. Embassy in Abuja is seeking to employ a suitable and qualified candidate for the position of Countering Violent Extremism (CVE) Grant Management Assistant FSN-08/FP-06 in the Public Affairs Section (PAS)
Under the supervision of the Public Affairs Officer (PAO), the incumbent vets,administers, manages monitors, closes out, assesses effectiveness of, and generates grant programs funded by CVE (countering violent extremism) monies. Target audiences are largely youth and interfaith communities. She/he conducts grant writing and grant management workshops for potential grantees; tracking CVE funding streams and coordinating with FMO, PAS budget specialist, and program offices in Washington; calling quarterly meetings with donors and other stakeholders to coordinate programming
1. University Degree in Social Sciences or Liberal arts is required.
2. Minimum of two (2) years professional experience in communications, grant
management or proposal writing, project and/or event management, or managing
large cultural, education, development or information programs is required.
3. Level IV (fluent) Speaking/Reading and writing in Hausa Language is required.
Level IV (fluent) Speaking/Reading and writing in English Language is required.
Language proficiency will be tested.
4. Incumbent must have extensive knowledge of host country’s political, economic, and
social structures and ministries/federal and state government agencies related to
countering violent extremism.
5. Thorough knowledge of NGOs, religious, ethnic, and academic communities
operating in northern Nigeria relating to CVE and broad knowledge of public
diplomacy program, including American Corner programming is required.
6. Computer literacy with proficiency in Microsoft Office is required.
Closing date: 18th December,2014
To read more and to apply Click here