Senior Well Engineer – QAQC,Lagos,Shell Nigeria E & P Company Ltd
Shell companies have been finding and producing oil and gas around the world for over a century. Today, we have interests in exploration and production ventures in more than 80 countries and employ approximately 90,000 people.
This is a technically challenging work environment characterised by a continuing need for research, the pursuit of new technology, and the adoption of new ways of working. It demands people who will thrive in a culture that encourages and rewards innovation, collaboration and the ability to learn from success as well as failure.
Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) is the pioneer and leader of the petroleum industry in Nigeria. It is capable of producing an average of over one million barrels of oil equivalent per day. The company’s operations are concentrated in the Niger Delta and adjoining shallow offshore areas where it operates in an oil mining lease area of around 30,000 square kilometres.
• Custodian for tubular inspections and standards. Advise on appropriate standards and frequency of inspection for all tubular and down hole equipment.
• Visit contractor’s base/workshops to inspect all down hole equipment before shipment to the well site
• Ensures that every equipment run in hole as drilling tool or permanently installed components meet the minimum design and operational standards
• Maintain all inspection records for future reference
• Witness completion make-ups to ensure compliance to the minimum standards.
• Lead investigation of any failed equipment and ensure learning’s are applied to future applications
• Act as the Trouble Action Team (TAT) focal point and ensures that events are followed up,properly closed out and learnings disseminated to other operations.
• Participate in the practical and theoretical coaching / training of national staff
• Make self available at the rig site at critical stages of the drilling operation to provide QA/QC and equipment support
• Be member of the local rig-start up team and contribute to the rig readiness assurance activities.
• Promote inclusion of relevant new technology practices and equipment in well activities
• Professional engineer with a degree or qualification in a relevant engineering or science discipline.
• Minimum of 12 years experience in well construction including 3 years as a DSV and 2 years as QA/QC specialist.
• Good analytical, communication and writing and PC skills.
• Proficient in English language, both in speech and in writing.
Application Deadline: Sunday 05 May 2013
To read more and to apply Click here