Principal Well Engineer,Design,Port Harcourt,The Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited
Shell companies have been finding and producing oil and gas around the world for over a century. Today, we have interests in exploration and production ventures in more than 80 countries and employ approximately 90,000 people.
This is a technically challenging work environment characterised by a continuing need for research, the pursuit of new technology, and the adoption of new ways of working. It demands people who will thrive in a culture that encourages and rewards innovation, collaboration and the ability to learn from success as well as failure.
Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) is the pioneer and leader of the petroleum industry in Nigeria. It is capable of producing an average of over one million barrels of oil equivalent per day. The company’s operations are concentrated in the Niger Delta and adjoining shallow offshore areas where it operates in an oil mining lease area of around 30,000 square kilometres.
1. Develop and manage technical and operational skills,resource and capability of highest standards to create significant value in technical inputs into SPDC onshore and offshore oil and gas development concepts and programmes,through structured coaching,mentoring,placements,shared learning and projects execution.
2. Develop and manage the standards,policies and guidelines for well concepts and types,inventory of historical well data,best practices,new and emerging technologies (cluster drilling,high rate wells,multilaterals,expandable tubulars,etc.) which go into field reviews (FRs),volume to value (V2V) opportunity framing,field development plans and economics (FDPs),value assurance reviews (VARs) to ensure overall profitability and reduction in the unit development cost of the SPDC oil and gas portfolio.
3. Develop and manage the technical risks in well design throough out-of-the-box thinking,new ideas,evaluation of well concepts and models,investigation of opportunities for local and regional integration of workscope (farm-ins,farm outs),tie-ins (to nearby facilities),leap frogging of rig equipment,etc.,to improve the project economics.
4. Develop specifications and standards for HSE critical elements and technical uncertainties inherent in well types,well concepts and technologies recommended for the oil and gas development under consideration,with a view to identify upfront the “Right” well and optimum development option.
5. Create and implement feedback processes that will ensure well engineering considerations and design criteria selected during the project planning phase are followed-through to execution to mitigate value erosion of the identified cost savings.
6. Manage the overall QA/QC of the Conceptual Well Engineers’ works and quality of the interface between the Asset Teams,Exploration,External studies and the Wells organisation.
7. Develop high level strategies for the effective implementation of the technical limit concept for wells in the work area.
8. Champion performance reviews,learning events,workshops and global networking in this aspects well delivery.
9. Provide leadership support required for implementing performance enhancement initiative such as RtL to reduce unit development cost and improve wells productivity.
10. Foster the use of the services of the wells global networking in the application of relevant new technology,and benchmarking to ensure continuous improvement in well delivery performance and overall cost optimisation.
11. Create and enforce work culture within the team to ensure team motivation to deliver high performance and achieve overall company objective.
12. Participate as a member of the Wells Management team with joint responsibility for the development of the overall long term drilling strategies,policies,technical,commercial and resource acquisition.
1. A graduate degree in engineering or physical science, with a minimum of 15 years oil and gas drilling and completion experience, 10 of which must be in well technology, planning, design and construction activities. Must possess Shell Round 1 and 2. Experience in subsurface engineering is mandatory.
2. Leadership: Strong Leadership position in SPDC or an OU, excellent influencing skills and ability to forge strong relationships at various levels, proven ability to lead and inspire cross-discipline groups, commitment to technical leadership and ability to lead skills pool staff working under different asset teams.
3. Technical Skills: Experienced Well Engineer in SPDC or an OU, global exposure an advantage, deep understanding of the workflow linking the relevant disciplines to generate the “Right” wells and optimum field development plan.
4. Commercial skills: Strong management skills, proponent of Strategic Cost Leadership, deep understanding of commercial implications of emerging ways of working, techniques and technologies in the Discipline of the applicant.
5. People Development Skills: Respected technical mentor with excellent coaching abilities, and with a proven track record of commitment to people development. He/she will have demonstrated respect for people. This person would be a top choice amongst the majority of peers, an excellent networker.
Application Deadline: Sunday 05 May 2013
To read more and to apply Click here